The Yellow Springs Holiday Stroll is open free to our community and we welcome all of you to come, share the holiday spirit, and be surprised! There will be fun activities, holiday stories, tasty snacks, holiday music and so much more as you stroll the village guided by the glowing luminaries.
Historic Yellow Springs, the Chester Springs Library and West Pikeland Township join together to welcome you to the 2017 HOLIDAY STROLL. Join your friends and neighbors for a merry evening of family holiday cheer. The event on December 8 runs from 5:30 – 8 p.m. and is fun for all – young and old!
- Our evening begins at the Chester Springs Painting Studio where the West Pikeland Parks and Recreation Department will welcome everyone with music, wonderful crafts for the children to make, face painting and delicious snacks. The Baroque Musical Ensemble will perform holiday carols here and throughout the village.
- Stroll across to the Lincoln Building where the Yellow Springs Art Show Poster Competition Exhibition is held. Enjoy wine and refreshments at the opening reception from 6 – 8 p.m. Also in the Lincoln Galleries will be fine arts and crafts available for sale.
- Your next stop is THE WASHINGTON where the Chester Valley Dance Academy will perform its holiday celebration.
- SANTA arrives at THE WASHINGTON at 6:30 p.m. Listen for his sleigh bells and his jolly Ho! Ho! Ho! and gather your little ones for the opportunity to have a private talk with this special guest. Santa will have a gift for each child as he makes note of the long lists of wishes for the holiday.
- The Chester Springs Library will be open and ready to welcome you for the Holiday Story Time. Enjoy a moment to sit down and enjoy the stories and activities of the season as part of this evening of cheer.
- You are encouraged to stroll to the Township Building Cultural Center to enjoy a special evening of entertainment. SALT Performing Arts is presenting its CHRISTMAS CABARET EVENING. Bring your own food and drink for a night of singing and dancing to the greatest holiday classics. Tickets are required – go to email@example.com.
The Whitford Hills Garden Club, in their exquisite style, has brought the cheer to our village with their decorated wreaths, boughs of holly, and gloriously decorated trees. We thank them so much for this gift of the season.
If you would like to volunteer for our Holiday Stroll evening, please contact Kathy McGarry at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.