Employment & Internships
Historic Yellow Springs provides unique opportunities for dedicated professionals to help fulfill the organization’s mission. HYS offers competitive salaries, benefits for full-time positions, and a rewarding and enjoyable work environment. We are hiring!
Position: Marketing and Events Manager
Job Title: Marketing and Events Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: Responsible for managing events at Yellow Springs, as well as the planning, marketing and execution of fundraising and programs, including maintaining a strong online presence for the village.
- Create press releases, marketing and communications initiatives for in-house events, including invitation and postcard design, promotional mailings, event programs and print and/or online advertisements.
- Manage social media platforms and monthly e-letter; maintain and regularly updating the website, including calendar.
- Work with Venue Manager and Studio Program Manager to ensure marketing plans are comprehensive, fully aligned and consistent in messaging.
- Coordinate logistics for annual fundraising, parties/events/art show, etc; maintain guest lists, secure vendors, negotiate fees/contracts.
- Create and adhere to yearly budget for in-house events.
- Coordinate private rentals of the Lincoln Building for art shows and other events.
- Assist in obtaining corporate and private sponsors for fundraising events.
- Manage sponsorships, ticketing and donation processing and acknowledgement.
- Act as liaison for HYS art shows and other in-house events; create and maintain sales inventory.
- Point of contact for
- special event advertising
- inquiry emails and phone calls, directing them as appropriate
- Liaise with Historic Yellow Springs visitors; assist in conducting and/or schedule tours of the village.
- Understand and be proficient with the following software:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook
- Donor Perfect
- Some evening and weekend work required
Job Type: Full-Time
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- One plus year experience working in non-profit or business environment.
Email Resume, and a brief Letter of Intent to: email@example.com
More information: 610.827.7414
Position: Intern, Weddings & Events
Type: Paid Internship
We are looking for (paid ) interns to join us for a busy wedding season. This is such a great opportunity for those looking to dive head first into wedding & events and be part of a couples special day!
We are Looking For:
We are looking for a team player, someone for a love of specialty events, has an entrepreneurial spirit and works well under pressure.
Coordination of the ceremony rehearsal, coordination of the ceremony day of the event. Co working with all vendors to be sure the event goes smooth, open building and be available for assistance with the building. Job may require set up of the brides details and décor, must be organized, and works well under pressure, assist with greeting guests to usher ceremony, assist in moving guests from ceremony site to cocktail hour. Be sure before leaving event, the manager/event specialist with the caterer has the end of the night check list to be sure to handle our venue with care and leave the venue as it was prior to the event. We are looking for day of wedding help labor! Super flexible, around 3-4 hours a week
Email Caitlin Burton, Venue Manager, for more information: CBurton@YellowSprings.Org
Position: Wood Kiln Assistant
Type: Work Exchange/Internship This position is open to undergraduate students who wish to gain more experience preparing for and firing a wood kiln.
The Wood Kiln Assistant will provide approximately 30 hours a month of preparing for wood firings, cutting and stacking wood, mixing glazes and wadding, and learning about firing a wood kiln. Please look over the wood kiln page to view the 2016 community firings that are currently scheduled, because these are the firings we will be preparing for. Compensation: Access to the ceramic studio, firings, and the opportunity to work with and engage in a supportive community of artists and students. There are also opportunities to show and sell work in the Members Exhibition, and Fall Fine Art and Craft Show at Historic Yellow Springs.
Email Resume, and a brief Letter of Intent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Wren, Ceramic Studio Supervisor – 610.827.7414 ext. 21